Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Boy


I finally made something for the boy! woohoo!!!! I usually buy fabrics only when I know exactly what I want to make with them, however when I bought this fabric I was clueless. I liked the pattern and it was discounted at a good price so I bought it with the hopes of being inspired. At first I thought maybe I could make pajama pants for my son but that idea quickly faded as I usually don't like to make things more than once (unless I absolutely love it). So this fabric sat with my other fabrics for a while, until one afternoon I was inspired...from what? who knows, but I immediately had the urge to make my son a vest. I had never made one before but it seemed pretty easy to figure out, which it was. So I made one and loved it and decided I needed to make pants to complete his Sunday outfit. And once I did, I fell in love even more and thought I needed to make one more vest to make it a mix 'n match vest set.

Add caption
When I dressed my son for church I felt like something was missing, so I quickly made a bow tie. I like it but dont LOVE it, so we'll see if he wears it the next time with this outfit.
Add caption
VEST #2 This vest was made from another piece of fabric that I had been holding onto for a while and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make with it.


His preliminary modeling of the outfit, to which I had to bribe him with candy.
Because I wasn't a huge fan of his bow tie, I decided to make a red tie to go along with this vest. I like the completed the look although sister number #1 said he looks like a delta flight attendant...which I can't argue with BUT he is definitely MUCH cuter!
Add caption

3 comments:

Larie and Abe Manutai said...

Savani, I love your projects!!!! And your model!!!! Great work! Keep it up!

Line said...

Omg I loooove it! I esp love it with the red tie!

tukuafu06 said...

Savani! You freakin professional. Fun fun stuff. Good job. I dont know how I found this blog but so glad I did.