Monday, November 19, 2012

In the works: Baby Girl's wardrobe: Scrap dresses

I've started working on baby girl's wardrobe and have a few completed pieces. All these dresses/rompers were made from leftover fabric from past projects I've worked on. It's so hard for me to throw anything away but I'm glad I haven't because I was able to make a few cute pieces.

I loved this print when I first bought it but I don't know how much I like the style of this dress. I still have some more fabric left and I think I'm try something different.

I like the color of this dress but I dont know how much I like the actual dress. I messed up and made it a little too short. I'll probably make (or buy) black leggings to go this piece. 

I LOVE rompers and they are PERFECT for Hawaii weather. I will definitely be making more of these.

This top was made from leftover fabric that I used to make a blouse for myself about 2 years ago. Once again perfect for Hawaii weather.
same style as former piece, just tweaked the spaghetti straps.

I made the top of this dress LONG time ago and it hung on our closet door as decoration for almost a year. I finally got the motivation to cut out the skirt and attach it to the top . Sweet and simple.

This is another variation of the yellow and purple flowered dress pictured above. It fits my son (yes he serves as my model sometimes =) so baby girl won't be wearing for a while.
As some may or may not know, I L.O.V.E ruffles. LOVE them. This was made from leftover material (of a dress I made??). Baby girl will definitely be getting more ruffles in the future!

Final scrap piece is this extremely soft jersey knit dress that I made from the fabric of cardigan I made for myself. (that was a long awkward sentence that could probably be worded better). It's small enough to fit a newborn so maybe she'll be sporting it on the way home from the hospital. =)

2 comments:

Line said...

Love them! they are soooo cute and it's only fitting u have a girl to sew for :). I love this blog, just used to forget u had it but if u keep posting, I won't forget :)

Ele said...

I love it! You are so talented!