Friday, November 9, 2012

Halloween 2012

For Halloween this year I had the intentions of making costumes for all three of us (four if you count the peanut =) but of course that didn't happen.

My inspiration for his costume this year: Since I've been sewing a lot lately and because I can not get rid of this child =O, he is constantly getting into my thread, needles, scraps, fabric, etc... one day he decided to dress himself in the scrap material I had laying all over the floor. He wrapped a piece of material around his head and waist and started dancing in front of the mirror. Watching him, I instantly thought of a lamanite warrior (random thought with absolutely no connection but whateva!)

His costume: I took tapa from a pile that's been laying on my parents bedroom room for years and stained it  with wood stain. As it dried I cut up an old brown skirt that I had in my scrap pile and sewed it the tapa and made his "dress". His wrist and head band were made from the same materials. For his sandals, I cut out his shoe size from an old pizza box that was just put into the recycling bin and stole brown shoe laces from my dad's shoes (which I've never seen him wear) and vola, lamanite sandals. It was all pretty simple and easy peasy sewing.

Getting ready to go trick or treat. I had a hard time getting him to put on his costume and shoes but once he associated his costume with candy, he was all for it!




My cute little lamanite/nephite/stripling warrior/nephi/any book of mormon charater really!



Halloween Night was soooo much fun. This was my son's first year trick or treating and he got the hang of it instantly. He was not interested in eating candy every time he got a piece, he just wanted more and more! He literally ran from one house to another as we walked behind him. We had a great time and our community really is the BEST PLACE in the world to trick or treat and the hundreds of people that come here can attest to it.


1 comment:

The Maire Family said...

That is so cute! I love that and so creative. I love seeing what creative people come up with. And its probably been up there for ages but I love that picture of yourself at the top of the blog. :)