Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DIY skirts

These were some of my very first DIY projects. I was so addicted as you can tell!

This red skirt was an old grandma skirt that was waaayy to long and little too big around the hips area.

So I made it a little shorter, adjusted the waistband, and brought it in a little. I've always wanted a red skirt, now I have one that only cost me $6!!


Excuse my modeling poses. my goodness. Anywho, I dont have a "before" picture of this blue skirt but it was kind of like the red skirt above so I made a few adjustments to it and now it fits perfect! Another $6 skirt!

I also added ruffles along the edge of the pockets, just to spice it up a little.


Crimson. sorry. green top and brown skirt were also DIY projects. Green top was a long sleeve, high neck top. I cut off the sleeves, lowered the neckline, and added ruffles. The skirt was calf length, I made it knee length.


This by far, was my funniest DIY project. The BEFORE picture speaks for itself. I looked very...homey. As you can see, I cut the sleeves off the top, made the skirt shorter, and added a cardigan (which I made a while back but wasn't sure what to wear it with...now i do!!)


I now have a red, blue, black, and brown skirt as well as a few tops from Deseret Industries (DI). The pieces ranged from $4 to $6 each!! What a bargain!

2 comments:

Fonua Family said...

LOVE these skirts! OMG! You are good! And you are a beautiful model. Please, I need to learn from you, some sewing techniques next time I am in UT. Savani, you are amazing!

Tema Hola's Old Blog! said...

Omg I ♡♥♡ these u r sooooo talented!!!