Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beach Robes

I love following blogs of women who make and create things, they have been the inspiration for many of my projects. When Dana came out with a pattern for infant/children bath robes I instantly fell in love. I bought her pattern about a year ago and have not stopped making them. The first robe I ever made (which isn't pictured) was for my son.  He has since grown out of it, but he still LOVES to put it on after his baths and I still let him even though his little bum hangs out. =)

Anywho these first two beach/bath robes were made for one of my BFF's who just had twins (a boy and a girl). CRAZY!!! I tried to find two matching prints but the "boy" print that I originally bought, my husband said looked too feminine. So I returned it and bought a shark print that I thought no one would mistaken for a girl's.  

My son, of course, had to model baby boy's robe because that's a must with all my sewing projects for kids. He is not, however, allowed to model girl clothes anymore. haha. 





 This last beach robe was made for my little nephew Iveni who just recently turned one. I ironed on his name to the front of the robe, which I normally like to do for all kids robes BUT because my BFF did not have names for her twins until a week after their birth, their names could be put on their robes =P.







1 comment:

Line said...

Haha I am only now seeing this post. Thank u, thank u for the robes. They are so stinkin cute! And sorry I didn't have names. Blame Saia haha!