Thursday, December 29, 2011

An Old Project

I was going through old pictures on my computer and I found a lot of treasures. This one in particular was of a sectional David and I bought when we first got married. We found it at a garage sale for $20 (the saler was desperate to get rid of it!). I was not too fond of the color but when I sat down on it, I was sold. It was super DUDERLY soft and comfortable. So we bought it and with the help of my SIL, we reupholstered it, and make it look like new!

Here are BEFORE pictures. (you can see the ugly blueish green color)


AFTER: We've had the sectional for about four years now and it is still just as soft and comfortable as it was when we first bought it but I am ready to reupholster it again because it needs a facelift.

4 comments:

Larie and Abe Manutai said...

Wow, Savani!!! I am so inspired. My husband's just bought a couch for $20, but the current upholstery is ugly and dirty. I thought it was gonna be food for the trash can, but you've inspired me to reupholster it. Any tips on a website that you like..I'm such a fan of your couch!!! Thanks for sharing!

daveandsavani said...

aww thanks Larie, how are you?! You know this is the only piece of furniture that I've reupholstered and i did it a couple years back so I don't really follow any blogs or websites that focus on this kind of project. BUT I remember it being super easy- a lot easier then I expected. You don't have too much to lose with a $20 couch!!! =))

Crystal said...

WOW! I am AMAZED! It looks AWESOME! You'd never know it was re-done. LOVE it;0) You'll have to share some tips for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! tutorial please??